Koyfin is a rapidly growing, VC-backed fintech startup looking for a Staff Software Engineer (Frontend) to build and scale our product from thousands to millions of users. This position is full-time and remote for US-based employees.
Our mission is to empower investors with easy-to-use analytics and beautiful charts to research stocks and understand market trends. Koyfin's vast, real-time data coverage includes data on stocks, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), fixed income securities, Foreign Exchange (FX) currencies, commodities, economics, financial news, and Twitter. Superior functionality combined with a delightful user experience explains why the number of users on Koyfin has tripled over the past year. Our daily users spend more than two hours per day on our browser-based platform. We’re not the only ones who think we’re on to something big. Koyfin is backed by Social Leverage and Craft Ventures, two of the savviest, value-adding seed-stage VC firms.
Superior functionality and a delightful user experience explain why we've had such strong traction. Our revenues have increased by 20% per month over the past 16 months. Efficiency is central to our culture and we've never overspent. We'll be cash-flow positive in 2023 and in a great position to grow in the current environment.
We’re not the only ones who think we’re on to something big. Koyfin is backed by Social Leverage and Craft Ventures, two of the savviest, value-adding seed-stage VC firms.
Who You Are
A talented engineer and we bet you have:
- Experience building large scale applications, with real time synchronization
- Comfortable using Redux and React Hooks
- Strong knowledge of user interface, user experience and delivering quality product
- Great written and oral communication skills; curious, collaborative, humble and an excellent problem solver
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead frontend development as part of a full-stack team to deliver the most urgent and challenging projects
- Work closely with the Head of Product and Head of Engineering to shape the product roadmap
- Build innovative functionality to help investors research stocks and understand market trends using charts, snapshots and dashboards
- Participate in engineering planning and grooming sessions, define best-in-class software development process
- Craft the frontend architecture to ensure scalability
- Provide technical leadership, code reviews and mentoring to engineers on your team
- Build complex reusable interface components from user-defined dashboard to the virtualized rendering of large data collections
- Examples of projects: Extend our in-house charting library so it can be used by other FinTech companies; Enhance our existing dashboards so they can be fully customizable by our users Architect a transition to a micro frontend framework.
What we offer
- High impact, interesting and challenging work
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Full benefits including medical dental and 401k contributions
- Fully remote, open-minded, passionate and results-oriented team
- An open environment where problems are solved by honest and rigorous discussion.
Can I really work remotely?
Yes, you can work from anywhere in the world.
Do you have an office?
We are a remote-first company. Meanwhile, for those who love communities and offline communication – in Kyiv and Dnipro, we have offices in the coworking spaces next to other bright tech & creative teams.
What is your recruitment process?
Our hiring process is following:
1. Intro call – when we provide you with the general information about the company, discuss your experience and check if you fit into the company culture (about 40 min).
2. Tech interview – evaluation of your technical/hard skills (60-90 min).
3. Final interview – interview with the CEO, Q&A (60-90 min).
Also, for the majority of the vacancies, you have to complete a technical task.
How to best prepare for the interview process?
While preparing for the interview, think in advance of your personal impact on the project and team performance or a real case from your experience when you managed a challenging situation (for example, using the STAR method). We might have different skill expectations for the technical roles. Feel free to ask our recruitment specialist you’re in touch with about them.
Remember that you are interviewing us just as much as we are interviewing you so make sure to ask questions. And last but not least – just be the real you because authenticity is the key to finding the right company to join.
Should I have previous experience in FinTech or Investments?
We value an extra interest or experience in FinTech/Investments. However, this is not a requirement.
Do you offer benefits?
Yes, please check out the benefits section on the Careers page.
Do you offer a 401k?
Yes, we offer 401k contributions, including other benefits like medical and dental insurance.
What is the culture like in Koyfin?
It’s a casual yet productive atmosphere where a bunch of open-minded and result-oriented people gets things done. All in all, we love it here and think you will, too.