Koyfin is a rapidly growing, VC-backed fintech startup looking for a Product Designer to build and scale our product from thousands to millions of users. This is a full-time position working remotely.
Our mission is to empower investors with easy-to-use analytics and beautiful charting to research stocks and understand what’s happening in financial markets. Koyfin’s data and analytics cover stocks, ETFs, fixed income, foreign exchange (FX), commodities, economics, news, and Twitter. Superior functionality and a delightful user experience explain why we've had such strong traction. Our revenues have increased by 20% per month over the past 16 months. Efficiency is central to our culture, and we've never overspent. We'll be cash-flow positive in 2023 and in a great position to grow in the current environment.
See what users say about us on Twitter and check out our Company Overview.
We’re not the only ones who think we’re on to something big. Koyfin is backed by Social Leverage and Craft Ventures, two of the savviest, value-adding seed-stage VC firms.
Who You Are
As a talented product designer, you have:
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience working with dashboards and data visualization
- Comfortable working across mobile and desktop applications
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems
- An eye for detail
- High Figma proficiency and experience with prototyping
- Experience working with pattern libraries and design systems
- An outstanding portfolio with examples of clean, elegant, and innovative cross-platform design
- A strong understanding of best UX/UI practices, layouts, and typography
- Knowledge and experience with Responsive Design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who's able to work independently to drive projects forward
What you’ll be doing?
- Contribute to creating dashboards, analytics, and charting tools to help investors research stocks and other financial data
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand users' motivations, business needs, and technical constraints
- Ability to take product design deliverables through a full project lifecycle, from wireframes to early iterations, prototypes, and finished product
- Create simple, intuitive, and delightful designs. You'll translate complex ideas into flows and interfaces that users love.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Koyfin Design System
- Conduct internal QA tests and provide clear feedback to ensure what we ship meets a high standard
- Working remotely at home or in a coworking space
What we offer
- High-impact, interesting and challenging work
- A competitive compensation package, including stock options
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and 401k contributions
- Fully remote, open-minded, passionate, and results-oriented team
- An open environment where problems are solved by honest and rigorous discussion.
Note: for UK employees, it is a full-time position working remotely. We will use a service contract (full-time freelancer) for our working relations.
Can I really work remotely?
Yes, you can work from anywhere in the world.
Do you have an office?
We are a remote-first company. Meanwhile, for those who love communities and offline communication – in Kyiv and Dnipro, we have offices in the coworking spaces next to other bright tech & creative teams.
What is your recruitment process?
Our hiring process is following:
1. Intro call – when we provide you with the general information about the company, discuss your experience and check if you fit into the company culture (about 40 min).
2. Tech interview – evaluation of your technical/hard skills (60-90 min).
3. Final interview – interview with the CEO, Q&A (60-90 min).
Also, for the majority of the vacancies, you have to complete a technical task.
How to best prepare for the interview process?
First of all, learn more about Koyfin by checking our website, platform, Youtube channel, and Twitter. For even more insider information see the Values & Overview presentation.
While preparing for the interview, think in advance of your personal impact on the project and team performance or a real case from your experience when you managed a challenging situation (for example, using the STAR method). We might have different skill expectations for the technical roles. Feel free to ask our recruitment specialist you’re in touch with about them.
Remember that you are interviewing us just as much as we are interviewing you so make sure to ask questions. And last but not least – just be the real you because authenticity is the key to finding the right company to join.
Should I have previous experience in FinTech or Investments?
We value an extra interest or experience in FinTech/Investments. However, this is not a requirement.
Do you offer benefits?
Yes, please check out the benefits section on the Careers page.
Do you offer a 401k?
Yes, we offer 401k contributions, including other benefits like medical and dental insurance.
What is the culture like in Koyfin?
It’s a casual yet productive atmosphere where a bunch of open-minded and result-oriented people gets things done. All in all, we love it here and think you will, too.